Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Planning Breakfast

Several posts ago, I made my Dead and Breakfast sign.  That's the theme for my party this year.  I expanded it to everywhere.  Decor and meals.  So instead of my murder mystery dinner, I'm planning a murder mystery breakfast...for dinner.  I have an entire pin board on Pinterest that is dedicated to recipes for Halloween.  I finally started to narrow down all these ideas to those just for breakfast.  And then to those that I really wanted to actually make.  Now, I have no idea how these recipes are going to turn out.  I'm not really sure when or if I'm going to be able to try any of these either.  So I have transcribed my scribble in my notebook into something more legible.


First up are flesh wrapped mini brains.  Yeah, what?  Well I saw a recipe for egg breakfast in muffin tins.  So you put a strip of bacon around the outside and fill the middle with eggs and cheese.  If you use egg whites and add some hot sauce, the eggs are a fleshy brainy color.  So bacon = flesh and eggs = mini brains.  Here is the recipe.

The next item on the savory side, hash brains.  They would be shredded potatoes in a mound, shaped like a normal sized brain and it's served on a plate of ketchup...aka blood.  So this is another creepy item.  Here's a link to that.

The last savory item are mini mummies.  I made these last year with mini hot dogs and breadsticks...the tube kind that you bake.  This year I plan to use breakfast sausage instead.  And some kind of bread in a tube product.  Just bake in the oven.  Like typical pigs in a blanket.

Now on to the sweet.  I went on sweet overboard!

Pumpkin cinnamon rolls with map cream cheese frosting.  I think I'm crazy to try this recipe from scratch.  So this one just may have to be a test recipe.  If you would like to test it yourself, you can find it here.  Let me know how it turns out too.

Pumpkin spice donuts.  They are baked, not fried in a mini donut pan (which of course I need to buy, but a mini muffin pan can be used too.)  If you would like to try this one here's the recipe.

Baked Apple Cider Donut Holes.  They are actually supposed to be made in a mini muffin pan.  These just look amazingly covered in sugar...to see for yourself, click here.

Ghost Pancakes.  Just regular pancakes.  But shape them like ghosts when making them.  And use chocolate chips for eyes and a mouth.  I don't actually have a recipe link, but here's a picture link.

Pumpkin pancakes with cinnamon syrup.  I think I've actually scratched this one from my list, because instead I have found a pumpkin pie French toast recipe.  So this one is still on the fence.  But you can go here to see the French toast recipe.  And if you're still stuck on the pancakes, that recipe is here.

I will probably still serve up some bacon and sausage just plain.  Don't worry I've hired myself some help in the kitchen.  And by hired I think it will most likely cost me a bottle of alcohol.  But it definitely helps take off the stress.  One of my good friends hates to do parties, but doesn't mind helping out in the kitchen.  So its win-win for me.

And to drink?  Well mimosas of course.  They're orange.  And they're breakfast.  I figured I can also brew coffee.  I actually have a coffee maker, even though I don't drink it.  Even just the smell of coffee is kind of awesome in breakfast world.  But guests can also make it Irish coffee.  

No comments:

Post a Comment