Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Shopping Adventure Part II

As promised, Shopping Adventure Part II.  I decided to break it up a little bit.  I enjoy shopping, maybe not everyone quite so much.  

Hobby Lobby was my literal first stop.  I think that if it hadn't have been my first stop, I would have bought quite a few more things.  I was trying not to go overboard.  As far as why it was first, it's just easiest in terms of driving.  It's the furthest away and then I go back towards home to all the other stores.  I kept seeing things that weren't even Halloween that I just wanted to take with me.  I was armed with one 40% off a regular priced item coupon.  Hobby Lobby is not really known for its official Halloween decor, fall yes, Halloween no.  Christmas was already out for sure.  But I was pleasantly surprised.  


I picked up these two frame that are both 5x7's.  I really like the ornate frames.  They are kind of a resin material.  I like the black.  I had black walls the last year, so my frames are all white and silver.  So I decided black would be a different edition.  They were each $19.99, but frames were all 50% off, so that's $10 each.
 

The next thing I picked up were these Halloween dessert plates.  I bought the real plates for dinner, but dessert I decided to go with the throw away ones.  I really liked the pretty yet spooky design.  These were $5.99 I think.  Halloween was not on sale, which made me a bit sad. 


Next I got these cupcake cups.  I like making cupcakes for parties.  You can send them home with people easily.  They are also pre-portioned and can be decorated any which way.  I have a white cupcake stand which I was dying to use last year, so I got black cupcake papers then too.  These have polka dots.  I was trying to get that in the picture better but it really wasn't working so well. I think these were $1.99.  Also not on sale.


Next thing is this sparkly orange broom.  I had been hunting online for a witch broom, but they were all given really bad reviews.  This one was $11.99.  Not on sale.  But about on par with badly reviewed ones on lines.  When you shop online as much as I do, you tend to really rely on reviews.  It's not the best broom ever, but I do really like the fact that it's sparkly.  And since I'll be wearing lots of black, I thought the orange touch would be nice.


I saw this and fell in love.  It's an apron.  I had pinned a few Halloween aprons on Pinterest, so I really wanted one.  I know I could totally sew one, but as soon as I say that I realize that in reality, when on earth am I going to have time?  This one was $19.99 and I did use my 40% off coupon on it.  So that makes it $12.  Too cute to pass up.  It's a hard canvas twill.  And it looks small, but it's not.


This is one of those weird what on earth things.  It's a little wooden circle.  It was $1.33.  It's going to be the base the trophy for the best costume contest winner.  Last year I made these little ghosts.  I haven't decided what this year's will be, but I needed a little base.  Yes, I can use a jig saw, but circles are a pain.  And I suck with a router, so there would be no cute little edge.  It's worth the $1.33.  Though I do believe they were only 79 cents at Michael's so I should have waited until that stop on the trip.


Last, but certainly not least is my plan for not having a ton of leftovers.  I bought these treat boxes.  They are supposed to hold 6 cupcakes (so the package shows).  I haven't actually opened them up yet, so I can't say for sure.  The pattern is the same as the dessert plates.  I bought two packages, since they each had 6 boxes and were $5.99 each.  I know people definitely took some stuff home last year, but trying to find plates and plastic wrap, it's just going to be so much easier.  You cannot leave until you fill your box.  I have this horrible habit of making a million different things and a ton of each.  I have ADD sometimes when it comes to projects.  I can't concentrate on just one.  So boxes to go is the plan.


Part III of this little adventure will be a trip to T.J. Maxx.  I really wish I had a Home Goods too, or a Marshall's would be fine.  I know they are all connected, but T.J. Maxx definitely goes to the clothes more than the home decor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment