Friday, September 7, 2012

Shopping Adventure Part IV

The shopping adventures continue in Part IV.  That's kind of a lot.  And I already know there will be a Part V.  But then that's it.  I promise.  At least just from my shopping adventure last Friday.  Today's adventure is Michael's.  I really do wish that I had one closer.  Granted, I probably save myself a lot of money by not being able to run off and craft.  I mean you can't even order things online from Michael's.  I know some seasonal stuff might be difficult, but they always have beads and sequins.  I know this first picture of everything is a little bit blurry.  I seemed to be having some trouble focusing on anything.  Or I was tired of sitting on my dogs' bed to take pictures on the floor.  I have already overwhelmed myself with Halloween.  That's kind of bad, since it's just after Labor Day.  So my floor seemed like the best photo opportunity.  There was one more item, well 3 more items, that I bought at Michael's too.  I got these black glitter taper candles.  I'm sure they will make an appearance soon.  They are in my candelabra already.  One of my purchases that I made in South Carolina.  But back to Michael's.  I did have quite a few coupons in my app, but I decided that 15% off my entire purchase including sale items...that one was the best one to use.


First up, googley eyes.  These are making a repeat appearance...mostly because I couldn't get the size and quantity correct.  The final product with those googley eyes should be coming up in just a couple of days.  Trying to keep the suspense up.  One of the packages was $1.99 and the other two were $2.99.  Nothing too fancy.


Next.  On to sparkle.  Lots and lots of sparkle.  These are like gemstones.  Well, yes I guess that's the best description.  They look like diamonds...like the whole hunk of diamonds...like that would be set in a really expensive and pretty engagement ring...but they are plastic gemstones.  I bought them for table sparkle.  You know, like you would put really cheap confetti stuff on table tops.  But it's like classy confetti.  Actually, I bought very similar all clear ones at Pier 1, like 2 years ago.  I thought it would be so cool to put on a table at an engagement party.  Granted, I do not know anyone who is not already married in a serious relationship that I'm planning this engagement party for.  But I have the rhinestone things just in case.  But now I get to play because these are Halloween bling.  And I really bought a lot of them.  Two packages.  They were $4.99 each.  Plus my coupon.


From bling, well to paper.  So evidently after the elusive engagement party, I have the first anniversary gift for this imaginary couple too.  No, not really.  They are paper straws.  The whole idea of paper straws confuses me a little to be honest.  How does that work?  But I think they are kind of coated so they don't disintegrate.  I like straws for drinks.  Especially at Halloween parties.  I mean if people have make up on and what not.  Straws make it easier to clean stuff off.  Plus if you serve weird oddly colored drinks, everyone's mouth isn't purple.  So these were just super cute.  They were $1.99.


Next.  The awesome skull.  I have a story to go with the skull hunt.  Last year, I broke my skull.  Not my real one in my head, but a plastic very lifelike one.  I got it 2 years ago at Big Lots.  It was really cool looking.  Like icky realistic buried in the ground and dug up nasty skull.  I had a skull trio on my mantle.  After I finished my Skull vodka that I got for my birthday two years ago it joined the skulls.  I bought the third skull at Dollar General last year and it's black and sparkly.  But when I was packing up Halloween last year my skull was sitting on my coffin and as I walked by I knocked it on the ground.  Now if you weren't aware of my Halloween craziness, that sentence alone should clear it all up.  This skull was $14.99 and no, he doesn't look anything like the one I was trying to replace, but it does fit into my theme oh so much better.  It's not really rhinestones, just silver bumps.  But it looks like rhinestones.  Especially from afar.  I'm on my couch, he's on my mantle, he looks awesome.  You will see my decorations unfold very shortly. 


The next item is a mold.  It's a chocolate mold.  Well I choose white chocolate for effect.  But you put pretzel rods in the mold and pour the melty chocolate stuff over and around it and you get skeleton finger pretzels.  I also bought the melty chocolate stuff.  I didn't take a picture of it because it already melted once and I put it in the fridge.  It gets hot in the car in Texas on an August afternoon.  But the melting things are kind of cool because they are re-meltable.  I like to keep them in the fridge though.  I have to keep my house at 80 or below or I find that chocolate begins to melt.  But with the melty things, they seem to melt a lot easier, so into the fridge they go.  Part of the reason why I actually try not to buy any candy until October.  Otherwise it starts getting melty.  But I bought one of these molds last year.  I saw it online and fell in love, so I had ordered it from Joann.com.  But that was one of the other things I let soak too long.  And when it was $1.99 it was no longer worth the trouble of cleaning.  So lesson learned for this year, clean quickly so I can keep it.  I wasn't going to bother with another one, but I actually got a request for these.  I guess the sweet and salty thing worked.  I also have this apothecary jar that's tall and skinny and it works like really well to hold these. 


The last item is actually the start of a project.  It's this cute little papier mache witches hat.  That's the correct French spelling, but without the punctuation.  But I have some plans for it.  I already have done most of them.  It was $2.99.  I actually thought it was cheaper when I bought it, but it was just cute.  I didn't think I had any witch specific decor, but I realized I do, but they are all serving dishes.

  
And that it all from Michael's.  There is still that Part V.  Part V, I swear, will be the last part.  The last stop on the trip, both literal and physically, was Pier One.  It was my last stop, and I think I got the most carried away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment