Thursday, September 6, 2012

Shopping Adventure Part III

I'm still shopping.  At least I was on Friday.  This one isn't too long.  Here's my stop at T.J. Maxx.  It's a pretty new store.  It wasn't open last year at Halloween.  I remember standing in line at Ross with a very full cart (last year's Ross trip was a whole shopping cart full) and was talking to the nice old lady in front of me who couldn't wait for the T.J. Maxx to open.  I hadn't heard about it before.  But this was very exciting to me.  I am a bargain shopper.  For sure.  Sometimes I forget a good deal isn't always such a good deal.  If you're not getting quality who cares how much it cost.  I've been avoiding buying too many clothes from the T.J. Maxx type stores, but I very much like their home decor stuff.  Especially kitchen stuff.  I collect a lot of my pink kitchen accessories from these stores.  They are much cheaper on clearance and some of the oddities can be hard to find otherwise.  Last year my mom got me a pink skull shaped potato cleany scrub brush from Home Goods.  Okay, that was awesome.  It's my two favorite things, pink and Halloween.  Just like my pretty yet creepy skull salt and pepper shakers with a little pink bow.  Okay, random rambling.  But anyway, here's what I got at T.J. Maxx for Halloween.


First we have some candles.  They are all Yankee Candle candles and they are all candy corn scented.  I know that sounds kinda gross.  But actually they are kinda awesome.  I am a huge candy corn fan.  No, they're not all for me either.  The big one, that's mine.  I've already burned it twice now.  It's sweet.  It really does smell like candy corn tastes but like without the sickening feeling in your stomach that you ate too much.  The big one, which isn't the biggest size that Yankee Candle makes, but the mediumish jar ones.  That one was $9.99.  The two little ones were $5.99.  I figure that they will go into the prize gift bag things.  Man, I think I'm craving candy corn now.  Hehe.


Next I got these two glass jars.  They are both mercury glass.  Well probably more like faux mercury glass.  I saw the big black one and almost grabbed it and didn't want to let go.  But it was breakable, so I peeked around the corner first.  The selection was not that big, so I grabbed it.  I'm pretty sure I had seen that big one on Pinterest a couple weeks ago and I thought I would never find anything like it.  But, yay!  I found something really kind of different.  Neither one is functioning.  They are just decorative.  The big one was $12.99 and the silver one was $7.99.


I was literally already in line, well the queue where a line would go.  There weren't many people in the store on a Friday afternoon.  I found a few more Halloween items.  That's where I actually picked up the two little candy corn candles.  I then grabbed the spider web punch.  It's another Martha Stewart punch that really matches my strip spider web punch.  It was only $3.99.  I was already putting everything on the register and I reached back over and I grabbed the spider too.  It was also $3.99.  I really couldn't pass them up.  Especially since I already have the other one.  The one that I used in my spiderweb save the dates.


I guess I wasn't really thinking when I picked up the punches.  I was really thinking about putting a punch at the top of the invitations and little clues.  Which that works really well for the spider, but the spiderweb not so much.  It does make good kind of confetti kind of stuff.  Oh well.  That's what double punch means.  Now I know.


Part IV of the shopping adventure is Michael's.  I really wish I had one of those.  They always have coupons!  Oh well, I think I'm going to get high off my candy corn candle some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment