Saturday, September 8, 2012

Shopping Adventure Part V - The Grand Finale

I swear this is it.  The last post about shopping last Friday in Abilene.  I maybe should have spread these all out a little.  But one thing I really hate about reading a blog that mentions something to buy and it's like from awhile ago so the store doesn't have it anymore.  So I wanted to get all of this out at once.  But too much at once, that was just going to have it all get lost.  So this is it for real, the last shopping adventure post.  I can't promise I won't buy more things and share, but from that one trip, this is it.

So the last and final stop on my actual Halloween shopping adventure was Pier 1.  I really do like a lot of the things that Pier 1 has all year.  Their prices are mid-range, so some things are really awesomely priced and others I just don't quite want to shell out the money for.  Unfortunately the moment I walked in I found that something I really really really really wanted to take home with me, but I wasn't shelling out $180.  Okay, I am totally shocked at the moment too, because I just found out you can actually buy stuff online at Pier1.com now too.  You used to be able to see all their items, but never be able to order them.  But now, you can actually get them shipped to you.  This actually excites me more.  I guess you learn something new every day.

But anyway, back to my dream item, it was a black metal walkway with orange lights and actual functioning gates.  You can check it out here online.  The website really doesn't do it justice.  I mean it's huge and awesome.  But I was not quite ready to spend that much one it.  But I will definitely be looking out for that one on clearance.  The other items I really wanted to take home were this rug and these pumpkins.  At the store the rug was buried under many other items, which made for a very nice display, but I couldn't find the actual rugs anywhere, so I couldn't figure out how much it was.  And after trying to take the display rug out and thought it wasn't really for sale, I decided to just walk away.  The grapevine pumpkins were really cool too because they were black with orange lights instead of the brown with white lights.  When you are more of a Halloween fan and not just fall harvest, you appreciate more Halloweeness.  They were however more expensive than other grapevine pumpkins I've seen.  And I guess you really could make your own with orange lights instead.

 Okay on to what actually made it's way home with me.


The first thing that I grabbed was this pillow.  I really fell in love with one similar last year.  I didn't buy it though.  In my head I was thinking I can so make a pillow just like that.  I have rhinestones.  But this is another thing, just like the apron...why not just buy the one you really like.  It was $19.95.  It's a small pillow, but it's cute.  And of course goes with all my decor.  I know I like things when I grab them and hug them and walk around the store, so once this pillow jumped into my arms, he was coming home with me.


Next I got this little orange glass candle holder.  Honestly I'm shocked I haven't broken it yet.  It just feel so breakable.  I guess that could be a negative.  It's really pretty though.  It's an opalescent glass.  With spiders.  It was $3.95, so  great price too.  


It's a little hard to tell what these are, but there are 2 in the picture.  They are bubble bath packets.  There are 2 sets of 3.  One of them is a black cat, one's a ghost, and the third is a pumpkin.  I bought them for prizes.  They are vanilla scented, so in actuality not totally Halloween in the end.  They were $3.75 each.


These are sparkly spiders.  I think that might be an oxymoron.  But I plan on using them in my table setting.  Either as like napkin rings or just scattered amongst the pretty jewels.  Possibly on flowers.  I saw a cute Martha Stewart idea that had spiders crawling all over pretty roses.  It's always an idea.  They were $2.95 each for 12 sparkly spiders about an 1 1/2 in diameter.


In the group picture this is the thing in the plastic bag, the big black blog in the middle.  I had to take it out of the package, because a plastic jumble was not doing it justice.  It's a tinsel spiderweb, but it has extra rings of sparkle.  Honestly I would have never bought this if it wasn't hanging up in the store.  It just looked so cool suspended from the ceiling.  And once again, we're in the Halloween glam category.  It was $12.95.  It's like 5 feet in diameter.  I have not exactly figured out where it is going.  Since it does require a large area.  I have a wall for it picked out, but it did look even cooler just randomly suspended.  More like a spiderweb would actually be. 


Last, but certainly not least is this little glowy guy.  It was shown on the web in the store.  Now I'm not sure how to really attach it.  He's a lot heavier than the web itself.  Even the girl in the store was freaking out about this little spider.  She was like I'm glad you're getting this, but you know what it does, right?  And she turned it on.  I nodded, I had already excitedly tried it out too.  The legs each have lights that rotate glowing and the eyes glow.  For tiny little lights, it is pretty bright in the dark.  I was in my front hall (where the bat chandelier lives) with the lights off in the living room and there was quite a lot of glow.  So that's another factor in decided where to put the sparkly web along with the glowing spider.  He was also $12.95.


Well, that's all the shopping for now.  I hope you enjoyed as much as I enjoyed picking it all out.  Well, there will be no more shopping adventures before Halloween this year.  Whatever I can find online or at Walmart is all that's left.  That really wasn't so much of a grand finale.  If only the spider could take a bow too...

No comments:

Post a Comment